Global Hotelier Forum: In room VIP amenities - Global Hotelier Forum

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

In room VIP amenities Rate Topic: -----

#1 Guest:RDM

• Group: Guests

Posted 05 June 2006 - 02:54 PM

Could anyone tell me if you have any new and original ideas of VIP in-room amenities that are different from the usual fruit plate, chocolates, wine, champagne, etc...Any new form of presentation even...? Any help is much appreciated!

#2 Guest:ad

Posted 06 June 2006 - 12:00 AM

this topic has been here so many times, just do a little research and you find it.. it would also help to put on your thinking cap and do some brain storming with your other DH...maybe thats a better and more fulfilling idea...after all, it seems that you are RDM and you get a salary to be innovative and creative...

#3 Guest:RDM

Posted 06 June 2006 - 10:41 AM

Thanks for the help AD...Obviously everything you mention has already been done, however it never hurts to ask other people's opinion, and broaden horizons.

#4 Guest:

Posted 06 June 2006 - 11:05 AM

I love branded memory sticks or branded mp3 players. If you have VIP corporates, the memory stick might be a good idea they can use it in thier laptop. Lets face it, anyone loves something for free. What is your price range? There are many gift/promotion online businesses.

#5 Guest:ad

Posted 06 June 2006 - 11:53 AM

RDM; you mean to say by everything has been done, that you really put on your thinking cap, brain stormed and came up with fruit baskets and chocolates?

#6 Guest:gm

Posted 07 June 2006 - 08:52 AM

dear rdm speak to your printing agency, or a stationary company and see what personalized desk gadgets they have, but first be sure to establish a budget for your spendings

#7 Guest:chefchef

Posted 08 June 2006 - 09:06 AM

To date the most meaningful amenity I have every got was a small brass bell with the name of the hotel on it - I have two one for each time I went there - they hang in my kitchen and every time I cook they ding ding and I am reminded the great experiance I had there... the Bagan Hotel, Bagan Myanmarr

#8 Guest:chef

Posted 08 June 2006 - 10:56 AM

I have seen this topic often here but until now most asked a little bit to broad. A VIP amenity should be something your guest treasures. Who is your guest (business, family, leisure, couples, young, old) Business travelers like much more to have electronic equipment in there room (fax, printer,..) as a piece of whatever, family VIP on vacation may be someting different (rides on the water features, musseum or cinema entrance for the kids) couples a nice romantic dinner outdoor. The cost of all is realtive minimal if you consider them VIP and with roomrates most hotels are charging. But people like, remember and treasure experiences more than this small little give aways. What to you remember more from the last trip. The piece of flower or chocolate or the perfect diner or day you had??

#9 Guest:Raoul

Posted 09 June 2006 - 12:48 PM

I once have raised this subject when I was looking to update our VIP services. Many people replied and a lot of good idea's where shared. Some of the courtesies which we started to offer where a plastic yellow duck in the bath, a small teddy-bear with a card "Please, dream with me" placed on the pillow upon turndown, scented little cushions in the wardropes, ladies welcomed at check-in by the bellboy offering a Syrian red rose, personalised letters night before check0out instead of standard questionares with a personal follow-up within 12 hours, and of course empowering the team to be themselves. Hope to have been of help.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users