Global Hotelier Forum: Fidelio vs. Opera. - Global Hotelier Forum

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Fidelio vs. Opera. Rate Topic: -----

#1 Guest:Lukas

• Group: Guests

Posted 03 July 2006 - 05:34 AM

Hey guys, currently I am working as a AFOM at a Sheraton Hotel which uses the Opera PMS at their Front Desk. I have a job offer as a FOM from a Hotel Managed by Shangrila. Does anybody of you know which PMS they use? If Fidelio is their a big difference between Opera and Fidelio (so far I have always worked for hotels that use Opera or other Systems). Thanks for your help Regards Lukas

#2 Guest:Eddy

Posted 04 July 2006 - 05:01 PM

Dear Lukas, Shangrila uses Fidelio, which is now commonly used in most hotels.Opera is the new version now use in certain hotels.

#3 Guest:Blackwell

Posted 10 July 2006 - 12:44 AM

If you have used Opera - you will find Fidelio very easy. Good reporting system

#4 Guest:Dean

Posted 10 July 2006 - 02:29 AM

I have worked under both systems. Opera is a very powerful system however still has many kinks to be ironed out. Being java based it takes a long time to generate reports and retrieve data such as guest profile information and folio history. There are too many 'clicks' to do simple things like add guest preferences like newspapers for example. Overall I feel Fidelio is a better system as it has been around for so long that most problems have been rectified. Personally I preffer Fidelio but forsee Opera as the industry benchmark within the next 5 years.

#5 Guest:Pro-Hotelier

Posted 13 July 2006 - 10:22 PM

I must say that Opera more stable that Fidelio therefore like the other say that so many click if we want to go in to other menu...Then again for the Five star I should recommend using Opera for the future.

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users