Global Hotelier Forum: What Differences Between Asia And Middle East(Gcc) - Global Hotelier Forum

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What Differences Between Asia And Middle East(Gcc) Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Mariano 

• 1 Star
  • Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 12 July 2011 - 09:05 AM

Dear All,
I would like to know from our experienced hoteliers what is the differences for an european chef(in the middle and top management)between to work in Asia and in Middle East(GCC)in terms of salary,benefit ,condition of work and therefore lifestyle that you can get out of the work,in the social life.
Thanks in advance

Mariano

#2 User is offline   expat 

• 5 Star
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 12 July 2011 - 01:31 PM

Hi
well
salary always depends on your own abilities,but is general a little lower in asia from my experience(even,as the emirates market is spoiled by now)
benefits needs to be fixed within the contract,otherwise its just luck,if you get it,on both locations
GCC regularly 6 days working week, asia in some areas 5 days
lifestyle,if its not dubai in the GCC or another openminded spot,its mostly expat community and limited,as islamic countries with their restrictions. Asia depends on the area
after all,you can have in both areas luck or bad luck,but make sure,you go for international chains,otherwise you will face issues in both areas
my two cents,but maybe other expats have different experiences
best regards
expat

View PostMariano, on 12 July 2011 - 09:05 AM, said:

Dear All,
I would like to know from our experienced hoteliers what is the differences for an european chef(in the middle and top management)between to work in Asia and in Middle East(GCC)in terms of salary,benefit ,condition of work and therefore lifestyle that you can get out of the work,in the social life.
Thanks in advance

Mariano

#3 User is offline   expat 

• 5 Star
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 July 2011 - 10:20 AM

Hi
one thing,however is really different between the two areas...
this is the social structure and habits.
Bow and smile is in asia a big issue, where as in GCC you rarely find this expectations
best regards
expat

Dear All,
Thanks in advance

Mariano

#4 User is offline   Mariano 

• 1 Star
  • Pip

Posted 13 July 2011 - 12:19 PM

Dear Expat,
thanks for sharing with us your experience.I would ask to you:why a lot of hoteliers ,especially who comes from Europe,are going ,as first experience in an
international environment, in GCC countries for jumping after that in asian countries:
many hoteliers careers following this way,although not always?
Cheers

Mariano

#5 User is offline   expat 

• 5 Star
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 July 2011 - 03:29 PM

Dear Mariano
well,how could I know the reasons of other professionals for their decissions?
But a guess would be,that one becomes used to the expat livestyle in GCC quite fast and after that you choose further experiences in other destinations.This,if you dont intend to do this line of business only as overseas career in your own country later on.
only !my two cents!,as I stated before,its an individual taste as well,some like the tropical enviroment,some other regions.
I found asia quite difficult to deal with
best regards
expat

View PostMariano, on 13 July 2011 - 12:19 PM, said:

Dear Expat,
thanks for sharing with us your experience.I would ask to you:why a lot of hoteliers ,especially who comes from Europe,are going ,as first experience in an
international environment, in GCC countries for jumping after that in asian countries:
many hoteliers careers following this way,although not always?
Cheers

Mariano

#6 User is offline   AinV 

• 6 Star
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 13 July 2011 - 11:59 PM

West Asia vs SE Asia?
That's a BIG area...

#7 User is offline   hotelman 

• Newly registered

Posted 02 December 2011 - 03:37 PM

salaries: asia can be lower or higher than gcc depending on which country you chose. china, vietnam, singapore and most 5-star villa resorts pay very, very well - no gcc country can compete, while thailand for example is quite low on the salary scale. dubai pays low compared to most asian countries. as you see, it really depends.

lifestyle: dubai has it all of course, from culture to nightlife, however it's considered "plastic" by many. other gcc destinations don't have much to offer (not even qatar in my opinion, which is about to host the worldcup). in asia, you'll find culture, nightlife, nature - you name it!

alcohol and girls: no doubt - asia is the place to be! it's wild. on the other hand, you can have a blast in dubai as well, and especially there meet people from any corner of the world (the choice is literally yours!).

international chain or not: who cares! if you're good, you'll make it anywhere! just get your foot in first, and you can change anytime later. there are plenty of non-international hotels of very, very high standards in asia. caution in china: this is the ONLY place, where i would highly recommend to go for an international chain, because chinese owners tend to hire and fire at will - and if suddenly sacked, it might prove helpful to be part of an international chain.

weather: asia for sure!

food: both places are amazing in their own ways!

accessibility to europe: gcc is closer, you can fly on extended weekends if you want to.

safety: depends on the countries in asia, but generally speaking it is safe everywhere as long as you use common sense. gcc pretty much the same, although it might be generally a bit safer.

in any case, both choices are top! enjoy and good luck!

#8 User is offline   HeadChef 

• 2 Star
  • PipPip

Posted 06 December 2011 - 10:13 AM

Dear Mariano,
i have worked both side ..
if you have Asia option i reccomend you Asia ,
Gulf side is diffcicult arap culture asia has very good hospitality service peoples are smile and helpfull gulf side badawians don't care you !!!allways they are best of best ..
of course gulf countrys mostly rich only mone not culcure but asia has a lots of history and culcure ..
its up to you you canchoice your best one ))

#9 User is offline   expat 

• 5 Star
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 December 2011 - 06:58 PM

Hi
its simple and bold
in the one part you are paid to obey and smile to insults
in the other you are paid to kick asses and be european(caucasean)
payment is same,if you fit
choose,what you prefer
expat

Dear All,
Thanks in advance

Mariano

This post has been edited by expat: 09 December 2011 - 06:59 PM

#10 User is offline   AinV 

• 6 Star
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 09 December 2011 - 07:23 PM

ASIA (East and SOUTH)

Share this topic:

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic