University of Piura offers high quality education, boosts scientific research and educates professionals to be capable of transforming our society. Through the years, it has consolidated a renowned prestige due to its academic thoroughness, rigorous demands, reliability and institutional quality.
University of Piura is a corporate apostolic work of Opus Dei which is why it promotes the Catholic faith and the Christian values in an environment of total respect to students’ freedom.
It is part of its mission to:
- Favor the integral formation of its students.
- Promote and spread the scientific research in all the fields of human knowledge, making the pursuit of truth the reason of intellectual activity.
- Provide quality education that harmonizes the specialization with an overall vision and good knowledge of the surrounding reality.
- Arouse social sensitivity to maintain permanent attention to the concrete problems of mankind and society; leading research and study to the solution of those problems.
The University of Piura envisions itself as a superior education reference of excellence in our country where the education of students is distinguished by their human quality and an outstanding professional competency. This focus on development of the “whole person” is reflected through exceptional ethical performance in their professional lives as well as a steadfast commitment to virtue in their personal lives.
The university seeks:
- to promote personal development of its members in order to respond to society demands, by means of their professional work, scientific and academic rigor
- to orient the social and individual behavior of its members by upholding the value of human life and the family, in addition to the search for the truth in all the fields of knowledge and a great spirit of service for the benefit of the society.
In order to reach a high standard of quality, the University seeks the most qualified and competent personnel in its faculties, administrative and governmental staff. In addition, it offers resources for their continuing personal and professional development. Finally, the University encourages its personnel to identify with its mission and objectives through their commitment with the search of the truth and the spirit of service.